Thursday, November 5, 2009

Missions

OK, so I will try not to ramble or switch topics too much since it has been almost a month since I last blogged. God is really working in our lives here in some great and anxiety-provoking ways.

As I have mentioned before, we are in the process of support raising to go over to Sierra Leone, West Africa to help start a hospital. While Jeneson and I have gone on several short-term medical mission trips, we have felt God leading us toward long-term missions. God has amazingly orchestrated connecting us to a great organization (Global Outreach Mission; www.missiongo.org) who is starting a hospital in the middle of Sierra Leone. We are excited to say that the first construction team will be going out the end of this year. They will be working on a small corner of the existing hospital building to make a clinic work area. Prayerfully, by the end of the year a well digger will also be on the ground in Sierra Leone!

One thing we have learned is patience (and God is still working on us also!). In the past it was relatively easy to support raise for our short-term trips. However, we have discovered that raising money for long-term missions is a totally different beast. God has been showing his sovereignty here also. Just when I am getting down and depressed about the pace of the support-raising, He gives me a glimmer of hope and confirmation that this IS what He has for our future. God could have us in Sierra Leone in the next week if that were His plan, however, He wants to make sure that we are prepared for our next adventure.

I am trying to learn to TOTALLY trust God for safety and provisions for our family as I know that is I will have to do that in Africa. If you have received a support letter and have some questions, please contact us. If you did not receive a letter and are interested in learn more, let me know and I will gladly get a letter in your hands. In the meanwhile, seeking and praying..........

No comments: