Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Where to start...

My oh my, where to start? So much has happened in these last two months.

First was the arrival of our beautiful daughter Sofia Grace. She quickly entered the world (after just a bit more than 2 hours of labor) at 1:45am on August 4th. At least she was slow enough that my Mom was able to be with Jeneson and I in the delivery room, she made it there about 5 minutes before Sofia was born. She weighed in at 7# 1oz and things went so well with the delivery and afterward that we were discharged that afternoon. It is always better to sleep in your own bed!

Josiah is a great big brother who is always concerned with Sofia's well being, checking on her, making sure she has her pacifier and loves to hold her (even when Sofia is crying). Lydia loves her little sister and, at times, tries to play with her like a doll not realizing that she should be a little more gentle. She just turned 2 months old and is up to 10# 7oz and is quite the smiler and starting to coo. We will have to see if Josiah and Lydia ever stop talking long enough to let Sofia get in a word or two.

Jeneson's Dad was still visiting in the States when Sofia was born so, much to the envy of my mother in law and sister in law, he was able to meet his newest grandchild. We had a wonderful visit with him and he flew back to India on August 10th.

On August 15th Jeneson left for Louisiana. He stayed at a friends house in New Orleans while starting classes and looking for a place for us to live. Meanwhile, I was still up at our condo taking care of the 3 kiddos and trying to get the condo packed up for the move. My MOPS group, our church family and other friends were lifesavers during that time, they made us dinners, watched the older kids and helped with packing. September 2nd some wonderful friends and family helped to load up the moving truck and away it went down to New Orleans. Jeneson flew home on Friday and after spending a weekend at my parents and a final Sunday at Pathway (our church) we headed down South.

The kids were great during the trip (although I am saying this a month afterward, so some mommy amnesia may have kicked in by now ;)) and we arrived at our new place on Labor Day. Our truck arrived a few days later and within a week everything was unpacked and pretty much in place.

Since then we have been getting acclimated to living in the South. The weather was stifling hot and humid for the first couple of weeks until a 'cold front' moved in. Now we have no humidity and temps in the high 70's/low 80's. Beautiful playin' in the park weather.

I think that is enough of an update. I don't want to give you all information overload so I will try to post again in a couple of days. For the meanwhile, here is a picture of our beautiful kids.

No comments: