- I'm scheduled to get induced with baby #3 on Wednesday, July 28th
- Jeneson has to be down in New Orleans for school by Aug 18th
- I will probaby move down to New Orleans with the kids the beginning of September
- We are trying to sell our condo (has been on the market since the end of February)
- We don't know where we are going to live in New Orleans
- We are currently support raising to go to Sierra Leone (GOD willing the first half of 2011)
All too often people say that they trust God, but don't let Him truely work in their lives. They put limits on what He can do. It is easy to trust God with the little things, the non-specifics, and the non-tangibles.
'God I trust that you will take Josiah's fever away (knowing that it is a little viral illness).'
'God I trust that you will provide for my needs today.'
'God please give me more patience with my family today.'
However, we need to trust God in the big things too. God's glory is really revealed when we let Him do big things in our lives, things that are not possible with merely our human efforts.
Think back to some of the workings of God in the Bible. The most obvious one that comes to mind is Abraham and Sarah.
Genesis 12:2 And I will make you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing.
God told this to Abraham when he was 75 years old and childless.
Genesis 15:5-6 And he brought him outside and said, "Look toward heaven, and number the stars, if you are able to number them." Then he said to him, "So shall your offspring be." And he believed the LORD, and he counted it to him as righteousness.
Sarah was 90 years old and Abraham was 100 years old when Isaac was born. Way beyond medical possibility and therefore a miracle from God. Abraham trusted that God would fulfil His promises.
Another example I like is the woman with the bleeding who just wanted to touch Jesus' garment and had the faith that if she could merely touch His garment she would be healed of the bleeding she had 12 years. She had faith and trusted Jesus for a big thing!
We are trusting God for BIG things because we have a great BIG GOD!!!