Friday, December 19, 2008

3 weeks and counting

Well, three weeks from now we will all be in India, pleasantly warm India. I have to say that I am looking forward to the warmer weather. After going through several snow storms and below zero windchills, 80 degree temps and warm breezes look awfully inviting. So,what does one do in the the last several weeks before leaving the country for 5 months? How about: caring for 2 children, rushing around to get an infant her passport, get an error on her birth certificate corrected, get a visa or two (for both Lydia & Jeneson), change banks, get wills and powers of attorney drawn up, try to donate a truck to charity, getting Lydia to finally take a bottle and try her out on formula, work on potty training a 2 year old, make multiple internal lists of what to pack for each of us, try to get together with many friends for a final time before we leave, explain to a 2 year old that we will soon be flying.... OK, I have to stop now because anxiety is starting to set in. In short, run around, lots of thinking and worrying.
That has been my struggle - worry. I am, by nature a planner and list maker and like to know not only what the next step will be, but also what the next 5 steps are. I am constantly reminding myself what Matthew 6:34 states: "Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." As always, God is right. I have plenty to worry about and be anxious about today, I don't need to weigh myself down with more details than necessary.
On a lighter note, things have been getting better with Lydia. She is no longer having 3 hour long crying sessions and is sleeping and eating well. Praise God! I was even able to get our Christmas letters/cards out today, so hopefully they will reach their intended addresses before Christmas.

No comments: